Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Forward for Picture Book

                                                                          Forward


Between the years 1849-1950, African-Americans got excluded from many activities because of the color of their skin. They could not go to the same schools, they got waited after all the whites got served. But then a law was passed that "All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment" of any area of public use, " regardless of race, color, religion, or national origin." This law was called the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    As still a growing teenager, I learn and witness new events constantly. Some of these experiences is segregation. I have seen people excluded in activities because of what they look like. It wasn't on a scale as massive as the one in 184901950. But no matter how large, it was still exclusion of a certain group of people based on what they looked like.
      This exclusion sparked my interest in stopping people that feel this kind of "justice" is correct. I began paying attention to what went on around me more then ever. I really began to notice that kids in some schools began to get picked on just because their heritage was from a country that was not ours. They picked on kids that had differences that could not be helped. I started to wonder that if one day we will realize that our similarities bring us closer together and our differences join us together as one community.
       This is a fictional story based on events that happened in the past, and are currently happening today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment